13 West Campbell Street
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
847-222-7887

Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's Time to Swim

You may recall that last year I dedicated myself to raise $300 for Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center cancer research fund. The finale of that fundraising was a 3 mile swim in the choppy waters of Lake Michigan! Turns out you can get sea sick without a boat! I had a great time training with my friend Mark and raising money for such an excellent cause. This year I have joined up with my friend Rosie and together we hope to raise over $800.

When I was a little girl and my teachers asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say that I wanted to be an Olympic Swimmer or a Doctor, as you know life doesn't also turn out the way you planned. At least this way I can swim while helping to fund the great minds that are desperately searching for a cure. Over the years I have lost some very dear people to this disease and I am continually reminded that there is not much I can do to ease the suffering of others. This swim is what I can do!

Fighting Cancer is a cause that resonates with a great many people. It touches the lives of so many. Please take a few minutes to view my Fundraising page, and make a donation.

Click here to visit my Web page

Swim Across America, Inc., [SAA] is dedicated to raising money and awareness for cancer research, prevention and treatment through swimming- related events. With the help of hundreds of volunteers nationwide and past and current Olympians, SAA is helping find a cure for cancer through athleticism, community outreach and direct service.


www.swimacrossamerica.org


© 2010 Swim Across America · Privacy Policy · Opt-Out

No comments: