13 West Campbell Street
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
847-222-7887

Monday, April 20, 2009

Matt Reed dominates 70.3 Oceanside

USA's 2008 Olympian Matty Reed took it up a notch this weekend racing his first half ironman distance race in over 5 years. Reed won, setting the run course record in the process.

"I am happy to be able to win today after a tough start. I feel that my talents were well shown today," Reed said.

Known for his strengths across all three sports, Reed had a nasty swim, with a kick in the face and losing the goggles and cap in the chilly 58 degree water.

"I got nailed at about 800 meters and then had an asthma attack. I have never had that much time lost in a swim in my whole career," said Reed. "I just tried,after getting mad, to think that it is okay and just keep my head on straight and get back in the race at whatever it takes. It's a 4 hour race and I got 3 hours to get it."

Reed left T2 in a hurry in 3rd and quickly took over the race. He then extended his lead throughout the 20km winning handily.

"I am happy with my training and I am happy to be able to show my running form today."

Up next for Reed is the defense of his St. Athony's title on April 25 and then the start of the world cup super series in May.

For more information on Matty Reed, www.mattyreed.com

No comments: