13 West Campbell Street
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
847-222-7887

Monday, August 25, 2008

Lights save lives

We received this e-mail this morning, and we thought it would be nice to share:

From: John
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 08:13 AM
To: peter-tif@campbellstreetbikes.com
Subject: Thanks for the Light

Good morning:
The light I bought from your shop yesterday may have saved my life this morning.
I needed the light because I had almost ran over a bunny the week prior.
You recommended one that cost $43.90 with tax.


This morning I was going S/B on Buffalo Grove Road near Arlington Lake when I saw a blue minivan come to a full and complete stop at a stop sign. Since I had the right of way I continued without slowing down. When I was almost right in front of his van he suddenly accelerated. He must have not been paying attention or was too sleepy (it was a little past five am). At the last possible moment he must have seen the light on my bike and slammed on the brakes. The system you sold me cast a light in 180 degrees. I think it was that wide casting of the light that allowed him to see me when he did.

Thanks for recommending that particular brand of light. I think it made the difference between an embarrassed driver and a tangled/mangled bicyclist.

Thankfully,
John


We have a nice selection of lights, horns and locks to help keep you and your bike safe.

No comments: